A Letter from the Executive Director:
Hi my name is Ali Brown and I am the Executive Director of the Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation. We are teaming up with Building Excellence to highlight the amazing work the construction industry is doing to address the construction workforce gap. We are currently running a program called Build Your Future Indiana. As you hopefully already know, the ICRF exists to advance our industry by attracting quality young people to meet the demands of our workforce. We are a relatively new organization, coming up on our one year anniversary on July 1st. Though, you would not know it by our first year accomplishments which include:
- YTD, we’ve reached more than 20,000 people where they are (through in school meetings, tradeshows, job fairs, and education based events)
- Commercials have been viewed 1.1MM times online alone
- Over 1/3 of our audience has been women
- Successful launch of a state-wide ambassador program, featuring 76 industry professionals covering a wide range of construction careers, who are actively meeting with students in their classrooms across the state.
- Statewide Television Campaign – 30,000+ commercials aired in first year
- Have provided materials representing our industry to 1,080 schools across Indiana
- byf.org has had 10,000+ individual website users
- Social Media Presence that is connecting students to careers and job shadowing experiences
We hope to continue to build on our successes as we head into our second year. We know the only way we can be successful is if we have buy in from the whole commercial construction industry. This is an issue that affects us all and if we work together we can build a bigger, stronger, more diverse workforce to build a stronger Indiana.
Also we would love to feature programs in our Building Excellence section that are working to build up the future of our industry. If you, your company, or a group you belong to is running a program and you would like it to be featured, please contact me. Please don’t hesitate in calling or emailing me with questions or comments; email@example.com or (317)805-1037.
Thank you for all you do to create a strong construction workforce. Have a great Holiday and a great summer!